Price’s Creameries started in 1906, when Mary Price of El Paso, Texas, bought her first cow. One cow quickly became two and, with a gritty work ethic, Mary and her boys began delivering fresh milk to their neighbors from a little red wagon. The cows produced such good, rich milk, demand took off. And by 1918, Mary’s herd had increased to 90 milking cows, while the creamery added two horse-drawn delivery wagons and a Model T truck. To keep up with demand, they built their very first modern pasteurization plant in 1921.
In the following years, Price’s Creameries grew all across southern New Mexico, routinely investing in modern processing plants and bottling lines and embracing innovations like thermos delivery trucks and the Southwest’s first fully enclosed automated milking barn. Mary went from a lady selling milk to her neighbors to make ends meet to becoming president of a highly successful corporation, and her sons carried on her commitment to the dairy industry as the business grew into one of El Paso’s most beloved dairies.
Today, Price's has come a long way since those first two cows, but we still have the same passion. We have a processing system that helps ensure consistency and the highest quality in all our products. And we're proud to share the fruits of our labor with customers in El Paso, southern New Mexico and the Republic of Mexico.