Want S’more Pie
Prep Time 45 min
Cook Time 5 min
- 1 cup Price’s Dairy heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cups (8 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups (8 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust
- 3 egg whites, very cold
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
- In 1-quart saucepan heat whipping cream over medium until just begins to form bubbles around edge of pan. Place all chocolate chips in medium heat-proof bowl; pour hot whipping cream over chips. Let stand 2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula gently stir chocolate and cream mixture until smooth. Pour into pie crust; refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- In large mixer bowl beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes). Add marshmallow crème; continue beating until stiff peaks form (about 2 minutes). Spread meringue over chocolate mixture in pie crust.
- Using kitchen torch carefully toast meringue. Or, heat broiler; place pie under broiler. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.